As a peer run organization, all our employees bring a breadth and depth of knowledge acquired through our own lived experience with the challenges of mental illness, substance use or homelessness. Our experience allows us to provide support and guidance to our consumers from a place of empathy and understanding. In essence, we are those we serve.
The primary goal of the Program Coordinator is to guide, enhance and provide effective supervisory and managerial support under the direction of the Senior Management Team of RPSV. The Center Coordinator, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, plans and organizes the Center’s administrative, operational and program services within company policies and mission. The Coordinator effectively communicates and interacts with the Senior Management Team to ensure that a positive workplace culture is established and maintained, and efficient support services are offered to participants. The Coordinator will also ensure progressive disciplinary policies are implemented and documented with all staff equally, with support from the Senior Management Team. The Coordinator will play a lead role in coordination and management of day-to-day operations such as scheduling staff, delivering services and purchasing of supplies, which are to be approved by the Executive Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
- Communicate with the Executive Director on a daily basis, including via phone, to provide an update on center status and activities see (Center Check-In List);
- Report any incidents or issues to the Executive Director as soon as possible; document all incidents using the incident report log;
- Work as an integral team member with the Senior Management Team, staff members, volunteers and participants to promote uplifting and positive workplace culture;
- Provide team leadership and support to staff;
- Supervise staff in order to maintain the functionality of the program;
- Ensure groups and all program activities and services are being conducted as scheduled; the desk is covered; and all staff are educating and engaging participants about program services;
- Enforce Center rules and policies consistently;
- Drive for and go on field trips;
- Drive for and go on field trips;
- Maintain confidentiality of individuals according to agency policies;
- Ensure documentation for monthly reports is collected and provided to the Data Entry Specialist;
- Support and help guide access to services at the Center;
- Ensure the general upkeep of the space;
- Support the Senior Management Team with soliciting in-kind donations;
- Arrange for and pick up in-kind donations;
- Attend monthly meetings, such as the Recovery Services Advisory Council, and conduct promotion and presentations off-site as requested;
- Ensure kitchen is well stocked with food and that office supplies are well stocked;
- Carefully review and approve timesheets;
- Solicit feedback from guests to enhance programs and report recommendations and suggestions in writing to the Senior Management Team (mainly through bi-annual survey);
- Supply Center information to the Special Projects Coordinator for the newsletter, website and Facebook account;
- Oversee creation or create monthly calendar;
- Register with the National Council on Aging (NCOA) and manage and sign NCOA timesheets;
- Register and shop at the National Capital Area Foodbank;
- Work with the Senior Management Team to identify short and long-term organizational goals;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of at least 2 or more years of management experience;
- The successful candidate will have a strong ability to communicate the values and ethics of the Center to other programs.
- Must have excellent time management skills in order to oversee multiple ongoing projects;
- Work experience with individuals experiencing mental health or substance abuse issues;
- Identify mental health, substance use and physical health emergencies and respond with appropriate actions, requesting support from other staff and connect participants with appropriate emergency services when needed;
- Excellent technology skills (i.e., MS Office, etc.);
- Lived experience with psychiatric and/or substance use disorder diagnoses, strong emotional distress and/or trauma;
- Ability to access transportation on a regular basis.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Completion of Bachelors’ Degree or appropriate education at a level necessary to accomplish the job;
- Must be or will become a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist within 9 months of hire date;
- Driver’s License with 5 or less Demerit Points.